The High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA) is designed
to encourage, promote, aid and effect the voluntary interchange of data,
information, experience, ideas and knowledge about methods, processes, and
techniques relating to investigations and security in advanced
technologies among its membership.
1. Qualifications for membership
(a) Peace Officers, Investigators
and Prosecuting Attorneys engaged in the investigation and/or prosecution
of criminal activity associated with computers and/or advanced
technologies. Each member shall be regularly employed by the Federal
Government, State Government, Counties, and/or Municipal subdivisions of
any state, or
(b) Management Level and Senior Staff Security
Professionals in the regular employ of private business or Industry in the
various states, the primary duties of which, are the control and
responsibility for security and/or investigation in computer or advanced
technology environments, or by virtue of his/her position or interest can
provide, or have a need for information and training in the areas of
computer and/or advanced technologies.
2. All applications for
membership must be typed or neatly printed and signed and dated by
applicant. They should be mailed to the HTCIA Inc. International office
For an application, click here.
3. Dues - Dues vary
by local chapter. Please see the list below for the amount of new member
dues to remit with your application. Renewals are billed by the
New Members $70
Renewing Members $65
4. A check for the correct amount must accompany
application. DO NOT SEND CASH!
Applications sent without full payment will not be processed!
5. All checks for membership and/or dues must be
paid in U.S. Currency.
6. Applications are subject to approval by
the HTCIA Membership Committee and are not valid until membership is
approved. If an applicant is not accepted, their money will be refunded in full.
7. HTCIA memberships are valid from January 1 through December 31 of each year. Please note, however, that new memberships approved in the fourth quarter of any calendar year are valid through December 31 of the following year.
8. To join the Yahoo List Serve, please contact either the President or 1st Vice President. You must be a member to join the list serve.
9. All HTCIA Chapters and its members are bound by the HTCIA Bylaws and the Code of Ethics. The Bylaws can be found here and the Code of Ethics can be found here.
Mail completed application with membership dues to:
3288 Goldstone Drive
Roseville, CA 95747
Remember: Your payment must be submitted WITH your application.
will evaluate each application and then send it to the International HTCIA
Board for final approval.
Contact © The Texas Gulf Coast Chapter of HTCIA 2002-2010